Friday, April 16, 2010

Why does blogger ask me for a login everytime I try to blog from picasa?

I have a blogger account... and have blogged from picasa many times before they made me switch over to my gmail account.





please help.

Why does blogger ask me for a login everytime I try to blog from picasa?
I have noticed over the last year or so that Google appears to be trying to unite their login scheme across all their applications. This may be an attempt (if not a poor one) to do that. By unifying their logins to a few, they are improving their security. The Gmail account is part of that central login ideology.





As far as Picasa, I find that application still a bit rough around the edges even though it is improving every week. So my guess is that until they can make more seamless integration between blogger and Picasa they have filled the gap with an extra "challenge" request so that they can verify your identity.





Other than this, I am not quite sure they would require the extra logging in.


No comments:

Post a Comment