Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Migrating from Blogger to Word Press?

I have a small but growing blog of about 80 posts but Blogger doesn't seem to have all of the functionality and flexibility I need. I would appreciate anyone who has made the transition sharing your experiences were and let me know if it was worth it. Any tips to make it the process smoothed would also be greatly appreciated.

Migrating from Blogger to Word Press?
The link below describes how to import posts, comments, etc. from Blogger into Wordpress. Actually, it also has links to a lot of articles on the subject. The info is part of the Wordpress documentation. This is the best info I could find on the subject.





Moving the appearance of your site would probably be a little harder. I haven't seen any scripts for that, so you might just want to look for a new theme you like for your Wordpress site. You can always add any images you have that you want to keep on your blog by editing the templates in that theme. You can also make little changes by editing the templates, if a theme is not exactly what you want.





Good luck!

missing teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment