Friday, April 16, 2010

My blog was deleted by Blogger; Who do I contact?

My blog [ http://liverpoollivesinme.blogspot.com/ ] was deleted by Blogger earlier this morning. They said there were some copyrights stuff in there. There was only videos from youtube which are copyright but shouldn't they be informing youtube to remove those vids and not remove my blog?





To whom should I email my complain/feedback/enquiry to? I tried emailing to support@blogger.com but they said it isn't the right place to ask.





Need help.

My blog was deleted by Blogger; Who do I contact?
If you broke the "Terms Of Service" rules, or EULA (End User Legal Agreement), by posting copyrighted materials, your probably out of luck.





In the case of Blogspot, their policy is to remove blogger if the content is copyrighted, AND a complaint was filed with them or Google. They do actually have a procedure for complaints about copyright infringement.





http://www.google.com/blogger_dmca.html





It appears that your content was spotted by somebody and they filed a complaint. If that is the case and they have a legal claim, Blogspot will remove the offending material, and/or account to avoid law suits.





My advice, is to very quietly walk away, and be glad that your not being dragged into a court room.





And in the future, make sure your blogs are composed of original content. Too many people paste all kinds of things into their blogs, so that the content is mostly pasted materials. The idea behind blogging is to present your view on various subjects. If you have commentary on a particular web site, or video on the web, provide LINKS, which are not copyrighted.





As long as those links do not violate the terms of agreement:





http://www.blogger.com/terms.g





If you read that agreement, they have their backsides covered. I could not find any review process, or listed places to send complaints.





I'm assuming this is a free service, and if it is, suing for damages seems to be out of the question.





Create a new account, and blog a bit more carefully.





Good Luck!
Reply:I think you cannot get back your deleted blogspot. Once it is deleted, you cannot recover your blogspot. Create a new one which abide the terms and condition.





Cheers


http://pimpblogguide.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment