Friday, April 16, 2010

Moving from Blogger to Wordpress: Any advice?

I have a blog that is hosted on Blogger with a custom domain. I have over 200 posts, and extensive template modifications.





I'm considering porting it to Wordpress (hosted on their site, but with the same domain.)





Is there a way to do this without losing my links?





How much control can I have over the directory structure? How do I keep the directory structure if I'm not going to host it myself?





Have you done this? How long did it take you to recover?


Any advice, caveats, recommendations?





Thank you so much!





(My blog is www.JugglingFrogs.com - %26lt;a href="http://www.JugglingFrogs.com"%26gt;Jugg... Frogs%26lt;/a%26gt;)

Moving from Blogger to Wordpress: Any advice?
The services that your host provider offers depends on the package you have with your current provider. Some providers offer a "moving" service that will manage the transfer of a website from one server to the other without compromising the structure of the website. If you are finding that your blogging site is becoming popular, you may want to look into some software applications that will allow you to add advanced features to your blog, an HTML editor for example. You may also want to look into what services are available at your new host should another move be needed in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment