Monday, November 16, 2009

Changing a Blogger template?

I'm trying to change the template on Blogger, using a ready-made template from another site. However, I keep getting the message -'Your template could not be parsed becasue it is not well-formed. Please make sure XML elements are all closed properly. XML error message: the content of elements must consist of well -formed character or mark-up'


I'm on Blogger Beta. What's going on?

Changing a Blogger template?
I don't know blogger, but I do know XML.





parsing is the first thing that is done to an your xml file. it has to be well-formed xml (way before you start looking at the tags and attributes)





You need a way of verifying that your xml is well formed. the easiest way is to have a browser open up the xml file from your hard disk,





It will complain (each browser complains differently!) and point you to the problem spot!





often it's a stray %26amp; or %26lt; or unclosed tag.


No comments:

Post a Comment