Monday, November 16, 2009

Blogger blog entries not showing up in Google blog search unless specific quotes searched. help?

I found this interesting, hopefully someone can explain what's going on. My blogger blog entires WILL show up in google blog search, but only if I search a unique phrase that's in my entry. For example, if I blog about Pizza, then do a google blog search on pizza and sort by date, it doesn't show up. But if I search for "pizza is so yummily awesome" (let's say, a quote from my entry) and sort by date, it will show up.





I could see it maybe not showing up when it's sorted by relevancy, because other blogs might be deemed more relevant or important. But if it's sorted by date, if mine was one of the latest entries, shouldn't it be listed?

Blogger blog entries not showing up in Google blog search unless specific quotes searched. help?
ok, it is because a simple search of 'pizza' returns about 138,000,000 results.


your entry might be among the many, but i doubt it would be on the first 100 pages.


and i would also doubt you would actually go through every single hit.


however, when you google ' pizza is so yummily awesome' returns only 132 results.


this is because of the extra words you added in, which greatly minimized the results.


it rules out MOST cooking recipes (which can turn out for a search of 'pizza), companies and many others.





p.s. on a lighter note, i think the word 'yummily' is unique (;





cheers, hope that helped

vampire teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment